Jan 31, 2011

Lacroix at the Rittenhouse

Hokay, this should be the last of the Philly related posts for a while. Lacroix is another one of those places on the proverbial college bucket list that I never got around to. I accidentally blurted out a bit loudly in the restaurant that the feeling of it was like a mini, dumbed down Per Se (I meant no offense by that!). We had a cute view of the park and its charming holiday lights.

I was creepily hoping to meet Foodie at Fifteen, but am not sure if he works there anymore. Everything was very lovely and I left no morsel untouched. The French press pot at the end of the meal probably could have served five people. I shamelessly asked for some of it to go in a paper cup, because I cannot waste good Ethiopian coffee!

Just simple, good food.

I also wanted to give you guys an idea of how horrid the "before" pictures are. You can see them in this screenshot in all their orange/underexposed glory. Everything was edited in Adobe Camera Raw, then adjusted for levels in Photoshop and a bit punch-added.

It sucks that auto white balance sucks so much in these conditions.

14 comments :

  1. I've never used Adobe Camera Raw, but I like the way it looks, I may have to try it out!
    Great photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you were really able to fix the wb in acr! i'm starting to become a raw convert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining partner(s) always add that extra class to the food pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe i should look into raw! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a presentation! Thank you for the review.

    I see mixed light. RAW is a godsend when it comes to dealing with crappy WB issues. And you are doing just fine.

    Consider using your camera's custom WB feature to simplify your post-processing, if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You is canon! me Canon, Nikon, and Leica, everything depends on my mood, very nice gallery and tones

    ReplyDelete
  7. great ones dear, i love your food design photo :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you shared the "before" pictures - that's how my photos always look in dim light!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should teach a Photoshop class. I have a Photoshop for dummies class, but its v. overwhelming! Teach me Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I run into this exact same problem all the time. How did you bring them back? What ISO? I find even shooting RAW that I still end up with grainy shots...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you've provided the "before" screenshot. White balance is a constant battle with night shots! You're a pro

    ReplyDelete