Jan 18, 2011

A "light" lunch

I get poked fun of so often at how much food I put away daily that something like this meal is probably "light" in my repertoire. Of course, the truffled egg toast you see here is anything but light. I had a version of this toast at Tria in Philly over the weekend and I think it was an imitation of the one here at 'inoteca. Who doesn't love an oozing egg yolk over cheesy goodness and crispy toast??

iPhone capture of the table (edited in the Film Lab app).

I've changed it up a little with one of my current favorite fonts, Gill Sans, which I thought maybe worked better with the simple and clean photos here. :)

13 comments :

  1. Mmm, that egg toast looks so good! I like this font, it goes well with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make fun? Frankly, I am in awe, totally impressed.

    Also impressed that you wait long enough to shoot before diving in. Expect to see forks and other implements darting in at some time; motion-blur.

    Great food shooting. Okay with most of the fonts, so far, depending on the pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone say "truffled"?? Mmmmmmmmmm.

    I think I'll go make a cheap imitation of my own for dinner. Although all I've got are crimini's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the ceiling in the restaurant! very cool.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. your lunches and dinners are always cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice,
    this looks amazing. love your iphone capture.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... that all looks so yum. I love that iphone shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this food makes me very very hungry!!!!
    your photos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mm yes, i love the truffled egg toast at 'inoteca as well. the font goes great with these pictures - it really looks like a magazine spread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmm that looks delicious x

    www.thefashionmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can never go wrong with Gill Sans (similarly like Helvetica). Next time I won’t check your blog past 12 AM because I am so hungry now :(

    ReplyDelete