Jan 26, 2011

Near and far

We pretty much all love the nifty fifty, no? I just love how versatile that thing is and if I could only use one lens for the rest of my life, it'd definitely be it. Below are two miscellaneous film shots taken on Penn's campus a few weekends ago.

The fifty is just so great for close-up detail shots and far away scenery shots alike. But I think we all knew that/agree with that ;).

In other news, we can't seem to catch a break with the weather out there this month!

P.S. I will reveal the new toy eventually! Just haven't gotten around to actually using it much yet. It ain't as nifty nor as versatile as the fifty.

11 comments :

  1. I call it the fifty nifty lol.
    like.. "50 nifty United States of the 13 original colonies" song. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm totally calling the 85/1.2. i would've maybe guessed the 35/1.4, but that's super versatile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! I love the one on top.

    I love my nifty fifty to death, but it's frustrating to only have that lens sometimes. I took it to Miami and couldn't take decent shots of all those Art Deco buildings because I couldn't get far enough to see the top half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 50mm is definitely an under-utilized weapon in the arsenal. I tend to go wide(r), or really long.

    Ah yes, the reveal. I'll try to be patient...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that first shot :)

    don't actually have a nifty fifty - it's on the wishlist though

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Anne. I love my 50 (my only lens!) but sometimes I wish I had a 35mm or 28mm for wider angle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok...so I really think you're talking about the 85mm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grain, as always! And agreed, I love the 50.

    Stay warm in these cold days, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the vintage effect on the first photo!
    and i've loved the coffee series of a recent post, the place was very nice and your photos...always amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree- i can shoot an entire family session with my nifty fifty, although i am drooling over 35mm 1.4..... when will you be revealing your new lens?

    ReplyDelete