Mar 1, 2011

How do you like your eggs?

I like mine unfertilized... (womp womp) AND hard boiled with soy sauce, spices and tea leaves! I could probably eat a dangerous amount of these guys. I've never tried making them myself but I can almost always count on my mom to have these when I'm home long enough for a breakfast. Though really, I could snack on these at any time of day.

The fun part is when the shell comes off perfectly (you know how there's that super thin layer under the shell which if you grab with the shell, leaves the egg clean and smooth?) to reveal a beautifully marbled egg that is just the right amount of saltiness with hints of other spices. Yum.

15 comments :

  1. mm i love tea-steeped eggs! home cooking is always the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so perfectly cooked, as only a mom can. :) those eggs sound so delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cover/anchor shot. Good story behind it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool :) i've never heard of such way of cooking eggs really

    ReplyDelete
  5. never had eggs like these.
    i looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Yummy! I've never heard of this! It looks awesome.

    Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. poached eggs.. warm and silky smooth.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LU DAN! Ha, I'm very bad at pingying, but I think that's right...? Regardless, <3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmm... WHAT?! I have never seen nor heard of anything like this. Off to Google with me, now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is no place like home. ; )
    alice,
    you bring me such beautiful memories.
    love
    love
    this photo.
    ps: chinese black soy sauce~ is what my grandmother used.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I wouldn't give to get a hold of some of these eggs for a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love tea eggs! I often ate it as my after school snack back in elementary school. MMMM makes me want to try making these now. :)

    ReplyDelete