May 27, 2011

A day with the talented siebe warmoeskerken

Despite some hiccups in the weather and getting poured on a few times in the afternoon, we had a great time just walking around and shooting here and there. We mostly stuck around the East Village to the West Village and Meatpacking area. Check it out below!

You can also see the exact yellow roses Siebe shot me shooting here. And check out Siebe's version of the day on Portra 400NC (mine are Portra 400). I think it was his first time shooting film actually. I am loving some of the colors that came out in these, especially in the last beer shot and the bloody mary in mason jar shot.

It was so great to actually meet Siebe! I felt like we had known each other for years already. Oh the wonders of the online photo community. He made me lust for some Zeiss lenses for my Canon. Such nice stuff. I love spending the day with photographers, as they just "get it." Nam sayin'?

I hope I can meet up with Siebe again, in his neck of the woods (The Netherlands). :)

14 comments :

  1. What about meeeee? I was there tooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so here's what i got out of this post. i should just skip the hasselblad and go straight for the contax. WOW, Alice, just WOW. These are some of the prettiest shots I can remember you taking, and you take pretty photos! the dof and bokeh are simply blissful! so glad you had a good time and i KNOW what you mean about chillin' with photographers. I'm not looking forward to trying to take photos when I go out with some friends tonight who stop in their tracks as soon as i pull out the camera...but I can't not take pictures, and I want to see them. lol the trials of us addicted photogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty shots, indeed!
    I also feel like dropping my canon 7d and get my hands on some film!

    and thank you, I now have a new great photographer for inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow my two favorite photographers on Flickr working together. That's great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the soft colors here also. So soothing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day! I'm dreaming of doing that with a few online friends when we're next in the same country. Let me know if you ever come to Australia!!! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love Siebe's work. And yours, of course. These shots are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful photos!!
    you and siebe are my favourite flickr photographers <3
    may i ask u if you have edited the images in PS or they are sooc??
    they look stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such pretty shots!! I'm blown away by how pretty everything looks (the background, the colors, etc.). Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a fun day :)

    love the photos, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, i love walking with photogs. makes me not feel guilty for stopping every few seconds to snap a pic. and how cute are those little potted plants?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing shots from the both of you! Wow. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its like never ending gorgeousness
    ~ I am drooling at the "eat shots" & swooning at the "floral pics"
    all of your work is great!

    ReplyDelete