May 1, 2011

A peek of what's to come

On a beautiful Saturday afternoon, I did a little casual engagement shoot (my first ever) for some super stylish friends of mine. Seven rolls of film later (I can't tell if this is way too much or not a lot at all!), my wrists were sore but I was content. Now I haven't dropped off the film for developing yet, so I can only hope they turned out okay! I honestly had NO real intention of using the Contax for this shoot, but for some reason, after some last-minute inspiration hunting on the likes of Jose Villa and Ozzy Garcia's blogs, I grabbed all the film I had left and went for it. I was pleasantly surprised that I felt comfortable enough to go film. Woot. :)

A few behind the scenes c/o Jimmy who very diligently did all my film roll changing - good assistant (not that he really had a choice, hah)!

I'll have a few hours of scanning ahead of me this week (just cannot justify the lab charging $10 a roll to scan at not a very high-res and for me to give up control of the scan!), but hopefully I can share some goodies. One thing I would definitely go back and redo if I could is to have taken more shots of the environment and details, so it'd be easier to piece together a story. Gah, aren't these things always so crystal clear in retrospect?

13 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your first engagement shoot, and WOWSER for having the courage to do it all on film! I'm sure they turned out beautifully based on the behind the scene shots here. (I love Jimmy's behind the scenes stuff, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gutsy yo! But I'm sure they turned out great. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll turn out great I'm sure but still anxious to see them. You gotta have J with you always, these behind-the-scene and teasers are great in it's own right. Will J be your second shooter ? =) Ask him to run a blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! I can't wait to see more of your Sigma business as the years go on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Jimmy make a good team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great. I love when you get J to take photos for "teaser" posts! Best second shooter I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the photos!!! :) Props to you for using film on an engagement shoot too! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hm i recognize that couple :) can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, you are brave for doing 1st engagement on film :) you look so happy in these pics - it shows that this is really what you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me look very forward to seeing how you did. You must have been VERY confident to use film the entire time :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great behind the scenes pics! I believe that the shoot will turn out good! :)
    --Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see how your photos came out but I can only imagine that they will be perfection!
    PS: Super stylish photographer as well :)

    ReplyDelete