May 13, 2011

Steak for lunch

I was anxious to blog this last night but it seems that Blogger is finally just back up now! Yesterday I had the great pleasure of lunching at Peter Luger in Brooklyn with two friends and a special multi-talented guest - the ulterior epicure. It was a good time and I am convinced more than ever that I need to go to Paris this fall - sorry, a bit non sequitur but let's move on to the food...

The hamburger was pretty much bleeding, the creamed spinach was at least 95% fat, the french fries were thick, and the steak tender. I'm not really one to ever order steak, because it's just too much of one hunk of thing for me. I'd gladly take a small tasting size portion but any bigger, and it gets pretty monotonous. So I can't form a real opinion on just HOW good the steak was. Now, desserts, I can do. Here, the strudel could have been more flaky and crusty, and the apple chunks were too crunchy and raw. And I guess none of us have enough sweet tooth to finish the bowl of schlag that comes with it. I did finish the ice cream, though.

Speaking of lunch, did you catch me on Oh Joy!'s lunch series yesterday? :)

14 comments :

  1. Great... I just ate and you still made me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Dang, I looked before lunch >.<

    I like my cow still bleeding, so that would so have been heaven, for me.

    Yes, did see the Oh Joys! post; yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome that you had lunch with ulterior epicure! Sounds like a wonderful dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little interview on Oh Joy! Too bad for the dessert, it looks pretty good and crusty from the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool you got to meet the Ulterior Epicure. I've been following him on Flickr from forever. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that has to be the most rare burger I've ever seen lol. It looks like a battle field! :D Great comfort food though.. did you fall asleep after eating? haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. The interior gives a net charge light still Alice, I hoped to how you made ​​looking for posts on several pictures at the same time, I can not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great lunch :D!
    - http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like that menu shot x)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your lovely blog from the Oh Joy post and have to say that you have exquisite taste. I moved out of New York last year and your entries have conjured up a lot of nostalgia. If you ever put together a favorites list for coffee shops and restaurants in the city, I would follow it religiously on a visit back to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok Alice...and now I'm hungry! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You’re right that the burgers were practically bleeding! While I don’t prefer medium-done meats, I have to admit that the steak you had looks delicious. The apple strudel also looks amazing. I'd probably give this place a decent rating. Anyway, thanks for always sharing your foodie adventures!

    Mae Tyler @ St. Andrew's Poultry

    ReplyDelete