May 23, 2011

Thai for eight

Little behind in posting this, but here is last Tuesday night's fantastic Thai dinner at Ayada on Woodside Avenue in Queens. Google Maps totally lied - it took at least 20 more minutes to get there than the directions suggested (38 minutes), so it's much farther than I would normally travel for food. The last time I ventured that far into Queens was also for Thai (if you recall this similarly large dinner from last year at SriPraPhai).

I have nothing but good things to say about these dishes. Anything fried was especially good. Pad see ew is usually my go-to neighborhood Thai takeout dish, and after the one here, let's just say I won't be ordering Pad see ew until my memories of this one wear off! The seasonings were great too, but I just really love Thai flavors and spice. Out of our party of eight, three of us were clamoring around the dishes to shoot them as quickly as we could before the rest dug in. They were good sports. :)

Crazy colors came out of this after processing - totally different from the other Thai dinner I linked!

8 comments :

  1. i love all the colors, and everything looks sooo delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Pad See Ew is such a simple dish but one of my favorites - probably because of its simplicity. No surprises! :) And the colors are insane in this post! Not in a bad way, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, major nomage. And some really good shooting on top of that.

    Is that really the guest check for 8? If so, that would definitely be a great value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pad see ew is my absolute favorite. such yummy pics -- the colors really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. couldn't agree more with others! love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, you convinced me.. I might have to try this place before I go back to Sripraphai. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete