May 19, 2011

Turning one!

Hey, lingered upon, happy birthday! I can hardly believe it's been a year since my first post. The last time I maintained a "blog" for this long was probably my xanga from high school, chockfull of dramatic and cryptic posts about how my life sucked. (Come on, we've all been there at some point. :P) Apparently it was my foray into film that led me to start this blog in the first place. The food stuff just happened as an afterthought - can you believe it?? As you know by now, I'm completely hooked (on film) and there's no turning back.

So what's to come in year two of blogging? Hopefully better content, better pictures, more experimenting with lighting, more travel, more his and her posts (been sadly slacking on these), even more eating adventures, and more written content that you'll find useful. Some of your comments have inspired some gear turning in my head for what else I could put on here, besides the flowers, the food, the coffee, the wooden tables... but I hope you'll forgive me if those still find their way on here more often than not!

I did want to do the cliché bit and host a little giveaway, but I am still working out some minor kinks in the uh, logistics, so I will be doing it a little belated in the coming week or so. Hope you'll stay tuned.

Many, many thanks to the small handful of you for sticking with me from the very beginning, and of course, HUGE thanks to all of you who've joined me somewhere along the way. Although this blog is still just a little personal space for all the pictures that never make it to flickr, somehow I don't think I'd be neeearly as motivated to spend some 4-5 hours putting together those big posts if I didn't have a supportive audience. I mean, after all, I could be watching trashy reality TV like "Say Yes to the Dress" (erm, new guilty pleasure). So really, thanks for giving me less time to indulge in useless shit like that. :D

35 comments :

  1. CONGRATS!!!

    I must say I just found out about you around november or so, but you won me over, that's for sure!

    You're currently one of my top favorite bloggers and photographers!

    Your work is truly inspiring and I get all happy and excited when I see on my RSS reader that you have a new post out.

    So, Thank YOU for being there and writing and taking photos for us.

    =D happy birthday, lingered upon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog B-day Alice! You are my foodblog crush of this past weeks! ;))
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Alice!! I'm excited to see what Year 2 brings!

    www.Longology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your blog, and congratulations to you for making it through Year One! Looking forward to the next year(s), wherever that may lead you. And us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe your beautiful, must read blog is only one year old! I think I've been with you for most of the year. It has been a pleasure to share your journey with you. I just know with certainty that you are going to go onto great things and I'm excited to watch it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Enjoy your writings as much as I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Alice! Here's hoping for many more years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for one year, and double hooray for many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Alice, congrats to 1 year! :) This upcoming year will be even better! More photos, more inspiration, more FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! :) happy birthday lingeredupon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blog Birthday, Alice!
    That has to be such an awesome feeling :) I have loved stopping by your blog and I've enjoyed all of your pictures. They inspire me to at least start taking more picture with the camera I have now and getting a disposable one and finding out what kind of magic I can make ;) I look forward to more posts from you!!
    --Ciara ':D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow has it really been a year? sigh, time flies! looking forward to year 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your 1 year blog anniversary!! I just recently started following your blog, and I can't wait to see what you come with in your second year! You take beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy B-day! Hope you enjoyed the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary! I'm sorry for not commenting often, but please be aware of my constant (if silent) support :)
    (your blog is one of the permanently open tabs in my browser)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats, Happy Birthday lingeredupon :)
    I always enjoy reading your post & viewing your photos, can't wait to see what the next year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Alice! Maintaining a blog (a photo blog, no less) is hard work. Most people's enthusiasm seems to start heavy and die out somewhere along the way... Needless to say, we're all very happy you're not one of them. Looking forward to the next year's worth of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I <3 you grams. I think that's all that needs to be said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy blog birthday and congrats on a great year! Can't wait to see what's to come in the next one, and beyond!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, congrats, congrats!
    I admire true bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy anniversary!!!!!
    and lovely photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy anniversary, friend.
    that cupcake is looking good!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Blog Birthday #1 Alice!!! :D I hope you continue to write & shoot for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy, happy blogiversary! looking forward to seeing what year 2 brings.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday, Lingered Upon!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your first year. I rummaged in channels past articles, I like them all very.
    And I'm looking forward to next year, with more photos and reports.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy One Year, Alice! One of my favorite blogs to read daily.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats! I just love your blog and your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Only one year? Congrats and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  30. happy blogiversary friend :) can't wait to see all that is to come, and thanks for providing me with endless motivation & inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh. I'm a bit late but still wanna wish you a happy one year on blogging :) Always enjoy the lovely photos you post here!

    ReplyDelete
  32. happy blog birthday!
    I'm sure the next year will be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. happy birthday to your blog! you've done a wonderful job here, and that's why you have such dedicated followers :) definitely hoping for more his/her posts!! and btw, i love "say yes to the dress" too! much drama goes behind choosing that perfect dress, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  34. my comment may be a month too late, but happy birthday to your blog all the same. I'm a fan of your flickrstream and it's nice to read stories behind the shots. Much love from Manila. :D

    ReplyDelete