May 18, 2011

When on jury duty...

Have a good lunch! I didn't actually get called for a trial today so I'm free for the next six years. Yay. Waiting in that room without a laptop and a dying phone battery and a finished pdn magazine got pretty brutal, so I picked up Alan Richman's Fork it Over on my lunch break to entertain me for the afternoon (and am now realizing how much I grossly overpaid at Barnes & Noble... argh).

Anyway I took the opportunity to have lunch at Nixtamalito, a little kiosk at the bottom of Centre Street. I was happy to be joined by Jessica and Jimmy who work in the area. We tried a variety of tacos and I also got a shrimp quesadilla. It was much larger than what I expected for $3. The tacos are something like $2.50 each and quite substantial. Great bang for your $5-6 lunch here. See our spread below.

A shot from Kaffe 1668 snuck its way in there. I was a bit disheartened that the cappuccino was just not as good as I once remembered it (aka before Abraço days). Oh well, it was probably their ginormous cookie that was the real shining glory there anyway. :P

Is it just me, or is this week crawling by?

7 comments :

  1. this looks so fuuun! -and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, when i get an iphone, i want to do like this -- put cross processed pics into a collage! bonnie tsang does this too and i always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One jury duty excuse would get you off for six years!? Wow. We get only one year until we get call again. So sorry you guys have to wait so long for another chance! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know... six years!
    We only get 2 years or 24 months, whichever comes first. And I always get called!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, looks like today is another eat food at your desk day. Atleast you got to be outside! I can almost see the sunshine from my desk if I squint. so close to friday....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your PHOneTOGRAPHY! I think I've become obsessed with phone photography myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally working down at the Archives and am just across the street from Nixtamalito (so glad to see one of my favorite Queens places making its way into the hearts and stomachs of Manhattanites.)

    ReplyDelete