Jun 15, 2011

Chez cindy & seth

It's no secret that Cindy and Seth's apartment in San Francisco has some seriously sexy light. Her pictures (especially these from a set dedicated to "the window") certainly depict it. Their apartment is a photographer's dream. After being cooped up in tiny NYC apartments where it is not all that uncommon for people to take rooms with NO windows, I was just floored by how much light was available to theirs.

I was pretty thrilled to have the privilege of seeing the window in real life after admiring it on screen for so long. :P I only wish I could find the equivalent in Manhattan without selling an organ to fund it (hey, I don't need two kidneys, right?).

This first set of pictures was from the morning visit and all were taken on the lovely Fuji Provia 400x. I friggin' love this film, mostly for its realistic colors and slight punchiness. The contrast is perfect. Plus I was happy it handled potentially really blown-out highlights really well.

This set below is from a late afternoon visit and was shot on Portra 400. I still have a love-hate relationship with this film. Sometimes, it's great and I don't even have to fix colors in-scanner at all, and other times it's super flat or really yellow or green.

The three kittehs are sure lucky to be able to bask in this! I didn't get a clear shot of Yashi, but she sure is beautiful. Well, all of them are!

Thank you to Cindy and Seth for letting us admire your lovely home. :)

16 comments :

  1. oh that IS some gorgeous light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their apartment is beautiful with gorgeous simple decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!!! film gives it such a ethereal quality. my post tonight was going to be on their place too... maybe i'll hold off on it until later. hmm.

    (or maybe i'll just post it. i have no other posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos pf a great apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful light indeed:)
    i have a big crush on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the light is so nice! & the kitties are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gah, what a gorgeous view!!!! love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. light is eveything in photography...but please don't sell your kidney...wonderful pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just found your blog and love all of your photos : ).

    looks like a good trip. i love san francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember the last time I ran into Cindy, she told me that when they house-hunt, the apartment's lighting is always their top priority. Really shows in these images! I think I'll start investing more money into windows instead of gear =P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful light! All images are great but I just love the second one from the bottom. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing our flat through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that apartment and those cats.

    ReplyDelete