Jun 27, 2011

Early summer fare at the greenmarket

The Union Square Greenmarket never disappoints when it comes to providing colorful spreads for the eyes, though I tend to think my camera's eye enjoys the bounty even more than I do. After all, it'll be a while before I actually know what to DO with all these veggies and whatnot. If you guys follow me on twitter, you'll know I often resort to eating three-day-old leftovers from takeout instead of cooking something real. We have barely just enough counter space for me to make coffee and that's pretty much that. (I'm very good at boiling water.) Psst, Nicole (and Linda), I'm still waiting on cooking lessons. ;)

For now, I'll just enjoy watching other people mill about the greenmarket and stay out of the scary unknown territory of actually purchasing goods myself.

All of these were shot with the 85mm with a new nifty Hoya circular polarizer. I will have some more detailed thoughts on the filter when I get some more use out of it.

Check out old posts of the greenmarket here, here, here, and oh, here!

10 comments :

  1. it looks delicious great great pics again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, so many beautiful beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im dying from all the gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.. All the colors are getting high

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh love that lavender. farmers markets are the best. interested to hear what you have to say about the filter; i was thinking about that one eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like an awesome market, brilliant colours. At least you can buy some pretty flowers or yummy bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In love with these market photos! It screams summer & fresh air & delicious wholesomeness! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a fan of the picture with the cherries!!! The red beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots! Loving the one of the blueberries!

    ReplyDelete