Jun 13, 2011

Us crazy photographers in SF

The last time I titled a post like that was when Seth and Cindy were visiting NYC in the fall. This time around, Jimmy and I were super lucky to have them show us around the cool areas of SF while avoiding tourist traps. I always have a kickin' good time on these flickr meetups and this time was no exception. It was so wonderful to meet Jackie, Pei, and Chris in person. What a fun gang.

While I am waiting on a few rolls of film to come back (my "real" SF shots) and still waiting to finish half a roll still in the Contax (damn hate when that happens!), I thought I'd share some amusing behind the scenes of the day (many courtesy of Jimmy) and group shots. Please see Jackie's version and Cindy's here!

Oh yeah, please excuse the messy handwriting. I got a little carried away with my Wacom Bamboo pen. I thought it was fitting for the silly-ness of some of these pictures. Back to clean text soon for sure, unless I can improve my chicken-scratch handwriting.

Hehe, I do love this last shot. After two excellent cafe visits, we headed to brunch at Foreign Cinemas, where the light, as Cindy noted, "is divine" and "you can almost just dine on the light itself." So true.

After ice cream at Bi-Rite, we headed to Alamo Square because I wanted to see the Painted Ladies. From there, we went to a "secret" spot to see the Golden Gate Bridge in all its glory. The fog was perfect.

She is a beaut.

20 comments :

  1. awesome!!! i love the behind-the-scenes shots. that aerial shot at foreign cinema is so high up! can't wait to see your film ones. i still have 2 more posts coming up from the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! I love seeing them all.

    LOL at "chicken scratch writing" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh. .Can't get enough of the pics from this day. So full of smiles. It's not often to see so many happy faces on photoblogs. Alice's trip brought a lot of smiles in the past few days. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had a really nice time. Cant wait to see your photos :) I am heading that way in August. Yippeee a new foodie world to explore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Alice, great fun and shooting sessions! :) I really love that GG b&w shot. Fascinating! I'm in SF this days so I've to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a hilariously good time! Not sure what to drool over more, the food or all those beautiful cameras =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, this post is awesome! I wish I could be with lots of photog friends!
    Btw, did you have to stand on a chair to take the table shot? I always wanted to capture a moment like that but never could take one like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @jackie i stood up and raised my arms as high as they could go and used the lens at the 24mm end haha. i didn't quite go as far as standing on a chair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! That's where Bob Sagat sat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha- in reference to jonathan's comment, i'm drooling over the cameras more. really enjoyed the behind-the-scene photos! definitely would be interesting to see how your film version came out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Camera nerd meet ups like these are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a wonderful meeting of friends. Very comfortable, and so many cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  13. last photo is absolute my fav!
    impressive!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my! that is so cool to met up! you guys are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what i love best - all of the cameras in these shots or the behind the scenes view!

    Can't wait to see your film shots~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun shots. Props to Jimmy. Looking forward to your film shots. It'll be a couple weeks before I get mine developed. *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  17. alice,
    these are too sweet. and that cafe... i wish. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great SF shots; full of color and personality.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It never occurred to me until this set of photos what it actually looks like... a group, cameras pointed every which way... looks crazy(fun)...

    what must people think?... it's not often you see someone photographing their food before they eat it, LOL.

    Love the b&w bridge shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. like your blog with this amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete