Jun 9, 2011

What we wore to lunch

This is my first time trying a scheduled post as I'll be on the other side of the country until Sunday, so if you're reading this right now, I guess the scheduling worked out okay! To complement yesterday's post on lunch at Jean Georges, here is a little his and hers post taken in Central Park for what we wore on that Saturday.

Lunch even at a fancy restaurant is a much more casual affair but dresses like these, I rarely wear, so I felt like grabbing the opportunity to drag it out of the closet. I do wish I had more funky accessories I could bring into the mix, but I've always been pretty bare-bones about that stuff. I'm definitely making more of an effort to bulk up my accessories and hold off on the clothing.

Can you tell I'm an iPhone gal and he's an Android guy? :P

I must admit I ripped this style of text overlay completely from shopbop.com. I wanted to give it a try because I admired it so much. It does seem like everyone is using some type of italic Bodoni plus Gotham these days, but hey I guess it works! If anyone is remotely curious or a typography geek, the caps text that I've been using recently is AW Conqueror Sans (it's the same as in my logo tagline).

11 comments :

  1. you two are such a stylish couple...i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iphone gal and android guy xP I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stylish, you guys look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barebones or not, you guys kick my butt in the style department! And oh man, I don't know where I'd be without scheduled posts. My blog would be a sad little shell of itself, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "His & Her's" posts. I'm a sucker for posts like these! :P I really like your bag and I LOVE your watch! I've been wanting to start wearing watches again. I want to start buying just simple key pieces...I guess statement pieces and then have some other cool accessories here and there.

    And "His" suit is very nice. I haven't seen a guy (around where I live) wear a suit in a long time. It's refreshing! You two look well put together! :)
    --Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the handkerchief - again and again. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a great post! you two look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your dress Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great looking bag and what stylish couple you two make!

    i'll have to check out that font - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. more posts like this please! ♥

    ReplyDelete