Jul 2, 2011

Aloha from maui!

Just wanted to pop in to say it is beautiful here (no surprise there) and I definitely look forward to sharing tons more pictures. The major problem is that my cameras aren't weather proof. The Contax got a mouthful of sand in her yesterday so definitely no more cameras on the beach. :(

Last night we went to an entertaining luau where we got to experience that crazy fire throwing action. This one young teen boy with a dslr was awestruck by the Contax. He asked me if he could take pictures of her and proceeded to take her from every angle possible. Haha. He couldn't stop exclaiming how "sick" and "badass" she was.

The Infinity Pool at the hotel is gorgeous. The pool blends into the ocean which blends into the sky. Sunsets are early here but pretty damn breathtaking. AND I saw a sky full of stars for the first time in ages.

Wedding festivities tonight. I will have to be on my best behavior and stay out of the photographer's way... hmmm.

15 comments :

  1. Full-on "tourist mode," huh? Glad you're enjoying yourself. :)

    Reminder to not leave your valuables unattended at any time; some idjits think that "visitor" stands for "steal from me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is pretty sick and bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maui is my favorite island. It's so gorgeous!
    Also, what font are you using in your photos? That's a nice font!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! Hope you're having a great trip and I can't wait to see more photos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful sunset, sounds like you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! What a wonderful way to spend the holiday weekend.

    Can't wait for more pics ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. recently started following your blog - i absolutely love your work! :) may i ask if you use a specific app for these iphone shots?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alice! Amazing PHOneTOGRAPHY you have going on! My fav is the first one. Perfect 10 in my amateur book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in Hawaii earlier this year and couldn't agree more about the sun ... something different about it there than here. Oh and I often find myself in the same situation - trying to stay out of the way of the photographer (to get my shot). Best of luck! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these views are absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. heh, I'd probably drool over the contax too. Enjoy our trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just with these shots I think I'm going to have to put hawaii on my soon to visit list

    ReplyDelete