Jul 17, 2011

An enchanting wedding at haiku mill

For those of you who've liked my facebook page (nudge nudge if you haven't ;)), you may have already seen these shots I posted from Jon & Claire's wedding in Maui. With a romantic name like Haiku Mill, one can already imagine how beautiful and fairytale-like the place is. The details, colors and textures around me were overwhelmingly eye-catching. I wish I had gotten a peak into the main dressing room area, because from what I saw in other pictures, it looked like an absolute DREAM.

Although I was a guest at this wedding, there was no way I could resist taking these shots. At one point when I went to use the bathroom, I peeked in, gasped, and ran out immediately to fetch my camera. Slightly insane, yes. But look at those perfect glass bottle vases just itching to be photographed!

The ceremony was short and sweet. I may or may not have shed a tear or two, but I'm such a sap at these things. The lighting was pretty god awful on that ledge so I'm not sure how the official photographer dealt with that.

For the technical details, these were all taken on Kodak Portra 400. For the whole set of pictures including others not shown here, see the facebook album.

Best wishes to a very lovely couple! I know they'll do some amazing things together.

11 comments :

  1. these are gorgeous, love the glass bottles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so, so gorgeous. wow. and about Haiku Mill -- there was a brief period of time when we thought we would have a hawaii wedding, and I was obsessed with that location. it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding and you've captured so many gorgeous details! Love your photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, these are amazing.
    Stick them on a website and start shooting weddings now.
    Seriously gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is one FANCY pants wedding! So beautiful. And I totally squee'ed over the bathroom and bottles, too. Glad you got to snap them for us all to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I definitely don't blame you for heading back to that bathroom with your camera. I love that glass bottle shot! In fact, I love all of these shots! Looks like it was a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this wedding is PERFECTION. Or maybe you just captured it in the perfect way. The lighting is RIDICULOUSLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow...I love everything about these...and I love that little spoon detail. What a good idea to put what everyone is eating on them. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wedding pictures Alice. You're definitely really brave in doing this on film, they turned out beautiful and I'm sure they were very happy with them. I like the relaxed, warm tones - the photos really give you a feel for the event :)

    ReplyDelete