Jul 14, 2011

In a funk...

I'm having a bit of an off week, photography and creativity-wise. Instead of letting it get me down too much, I'm reminding myself that I should get out of it soon, with the right inspiration. Either way, I've still been glum about not taking the photos I want. Retail therapy at my favorite secondhand store, Buffalo Exchange, with store credit I still have helped a tad. And by helped, I mean gave me something to photograph. :P Below is my latest loot.

The Ali Ro silk watercolor-print dress was a steal. Where the hell was this when I was desperately hunting down an appropriate dress for the wedding in Hawaii? The other was a cheapy cheap silk mini-skirt with a tiered ruffle trim. I really shouldn't be adding more silk pieces to my wardrobe. For whatever reason (I guess my clumsiness), I'll stain my nice clothes in seconds.

In other news, I should be able to get most of my film from Hawaii back tomorrow! I let a lab do the scanning, so I'm anxious for the results. Also, I'm selling some original polaroids on Etsy. You'd be receiving the only version of that artwork ever made! This listing in particular is really special to me because it's the very first polaroid I shot. :)

4 comments :

  1. Inspiration does seem to come and go. If it's not there, it means it's coming though, right? Looking forward to the film shots from Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress would help any inspiration to re-emerge! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours in the dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry, your inspiration will come roaring back! :) in the meantime, retail therapy def helps. :)

    ReplyDelete