Jul 27, 2011

Oh, to be back there

If only this (Maui) weren't an excruciating 10-hour flight plus inter-island flight away... Below: scenes from the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort. Joyce in the pool there. :)

Yep, I think I'll settle on this nice patch of lush grass on a gentle hill overlooking the beach with my current read. Mmhmm.

Then I'll wander (OK, I mean take the stunning drive up to the Northwest tip of the island) over to Mokuleia Bay and take a dip in these crazy clear aqua waters.

Oh, then I'll wake up from this dream and realize it's all buildings and concrete and city smells around me. But, it's familiar and grand all the same and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Not yet, at least.

Apologies for this bizarre scatterbrained post. It's been a strange morning!

15 comments :

  1. oh oh.. i went to hawaii (oahu) last year and it was by far the most memorable trip ever. these pictures are like a mini vacation, ill have to make a trip to maui!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loooove everything about this post, especially the photos of the pond and the lily pads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! It's tough to be at work after looking at this though, haha, the poolside cocktails got me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this post a lot. The photos are beautiful, of course, but the dream-narrative was really fun to follow along, too. A nice departure from the blogger's usual "i did this, here are the photos from it" template!

    I feel ya on the excruciating flight, too. Why must the places that relax us the most be SO FAR AWAY? I often think about revisiting Thailand but the long flight isn't worth anything under a 4 week trip, I don't think. Too bad, I could use a quick getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. so much loveliness and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not so much scatterbrained as lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post, makes me want to go back on my vacation and never go back to reality. Ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seeing your posts about hawaii makes me want to take a trip to HI now! :) btw i love the photo of the lily in the pond (the one below the infinity pool on the left)... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is painful to look at while at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my buddy introduced me to your blog---and i love it! lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete