Jul 10, 2011

A proper homecoming

Hello from the center of the universe again. It feels great to be back on city pavement! I'm dying to share Hawaii pictures but I'll have to put that on hold for a tad as I decide where to get my film developed and scanned and wait for results. Although I usually do my own scanning, there is just a) way too much this time and b) I'm hating the adjustments my scanner is making and want to see if a lab will get me better results.

In the meantime, it was so nice to be reunited with Abraço. We also popped by Dora to get some freshly roasted beans and ended up getting way more than we planned. Whoops. The home brewing collection is really getting out of control. I hope to do a comprehensive post on that in the near future.

It was a fun bonus to see the pictures I took a while ago on display in a coffee tray. :) A friend of Dora's owner bought these prints from me a while ago to make this gift. I love how it came out!

It's safe to say we've been extremely spoiled by our city dining experiences. After a number of so-so meals in Hawaii, we were looking forward to going to our local favorites. Earlier tonight, we skipped over to Hearth because damn, do they do fish well.

I ordered the striped bass almost more for its accompanying ingredients than the fish itself. The cherry tomatoes were divine. I could have easily eaten a pot of those.

Did I mention it's good to be back?

10 comments :

  1. Home sick huh.... Miss your city pics, but still anxious to see your Hawaii trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Sadly, for a foodie, Hawaii is disappointing. Even as a kid, I complained about it. But I was spoiled- my grandparents owned cafe's and my dad is a cookbook author.

    Pistachio shortbread. Are you kidding me?!?!? I gotta move to NY now.

    Can't wait to see your pics! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back... but I am hungry now. Lunchtime I say

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never appreciate your home more than when you are away from it. I just took a trip to LA and after 7 days Portland never felt so good.

    Can't wait to see your photos! Hope the rolls whose ISO you were worried about turned out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back! i can't wait to see your pics. but in the meantime, you def deserve to have lots of delicious coffee & food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to New York :D Looking forward to more of your food shots now that you are back from Hawaii. Definitely looking forward to your photos from the holidays though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you haven't missed a beat. Welcome back! That coffee definitely looks worth a flight to NY for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cant wait to see more :) Hawaii has always been a dream for me. One day we will spend a few months there checking everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally went here last night and had that scottish salmon. Wow!! I think this is my new favorite place.

    ReplyDelete