Jul 22, 2011

Splash of pattern and color

Although I featured these adorable cups in a polaroid already, I thought they deserved some digital spotlight as well. Usually with Anthropologie, there's so much great eye candy in their catalogs and store that I can't actually decide what to get. The more nice choices I have, the greater chance I'll leave a store empty handed. But these cups, I spotted online during a sale and knew I had to hunt them down immediately.

Of course it turns out they aren't sooo great in terms of practicality. The wide opening means I spill my drink that much more easily, and the handle feels very delicate. I'm thinking of retiring some of them to my bookshelves to hold miscellaneous tchotchke. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

I'll be on an outdoor shoot for most of the evening and night. In "feels like 112 degree" weather. Yeap. A photographer's gotta do what a photographer's gotta do. I'm pretty excited actually and hope I'll have something good to share. Anyway, happy Friday!

8 comments :

  1. these are beautiful. good luck at the shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so lovely! (And beautifully shot.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, I think they'll look great on your book shelf :)
    looks like I have a lot of posts of yours to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are gorgeous, I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember making a cup just like these in my pottery class when I was young. Of course, mine wasn't painted nicely.
    Gosh NY is so hot now! I'm so glad I was there when it was somewhat cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking tea cups Alice. Sorry, they didn't work out too well though, they do have loads of color for your photos though :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those need to be filled with a couple shots and some milk froth! NIce shots =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. argh!!!! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete