Jul 20, 2011

Tea time

I had a lovely tea service at Bosie Tea Parlor in the West Village this afternoon. The menu of teas feels endless but I eventually decided on a simple Dorian Grey, which turned out to be glorious and came home with me in a small tin. The impeccable tea service also come with three finger sandwiches, two scones (um, best scones I have ever tasted), tea cakes, and two macarons (I went with peach saffron and rose, but there are at least a dozen or so flavors to choose from.).

Mr. B had a quiche and a tea called Chinese Beauty Rings. It was very nice as well, but we both agreed that the Dorian Grey was the better pick. At the end, we added another plate of macarons to our bellies, including a raspberry dark chocolate, maple bacon, earl grey, jasmine, and dark chocolate.

I will definitely return to try more teas (and for a plate of those scones...). Bosie is a perfect venue for a very civilized and charming lunch date.

On another note, I think I've become handicapped with my digital camera. I honestly feel a tad out of my element with it now especially when it comes to processing. Film is so safe and easy in comparison! Yikes!

11 comments :

  1. Did they have chai macarons when you went? The Times reported they would have them, so Marcus and I were tried to order them a couple weeks after they first opened and they didn't have any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefie, yes they did! You can kiiinda make it out in the second to last picture, between the white and green macarons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post came right in time here on the west coast at 3pm mid day. Reminded me to take a nice break right about now. =) Beautiful setting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of a traditional quaint tea concept set in a brick and wood modern venue. Adding this to the list of places to visit when we visit NY again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks so amazing. I love the look of those pastries and cakes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! And LOL on the "handicap;" we all should have such problems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a place! The food looks delicious and I just love the exposed brick wall. Great light too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a wonderful place, pity it's on the other side of the world for me :)

    ReplyDelete