Jan 15, 2012

Ashley part 2347874234 (pretty much)

In early December, Ashley was over in the city for a shoot so we both took advantage of the opportunity to blow through some film on each other. I can't even count how many times she has appeared on the blog, hence this title. We also realized we didn't have a single good picture together so this first frame here is courtesy of J. (I mighta killed him if it were out of focus.)

See some of the shots she took of me here.


This last one (converted to b/w from Portra 400) might be my fave. :) J joked that my favorite b/w film is Portra 400. Heh heh.

14 comments :

  1. Nice light. Interesting to see how people use the same light. And, um, no pressure, J ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! Last one is my fave also

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, pure chic, & magic light...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great portrait work! The lighting here is a perfect compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! and like others have said...the light is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely beautiful :) The tones are so natural and flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are SO nice. I love how natural they are and simple yet flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such beautiful photos Alice! Simple, cute and lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wish there was an Alice Gao in LA so that we can go out and shoot film of each other :) You both look lovely. And that store looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your blog, alice! and basically every photo on here : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore Portra 400 films. That was the film I'd buy whenever I had to shoot a friend's wedding (for fun). These photos are absolutely incredible. What aperture did you set to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Marlene, I almost always shoot wide open for portraits. For this camera, the lens I use goes to f2.0 so I camp out at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She really is a stunning lady. And J took a great shot of you two!

    ReplyDelete