Jan 30, 2012

Hello, pancake month

I have very fond memories of this recent shoot for Serious Eats. Eight different kinds of pancakes at Clinton Street Baking Co.? I can think of few greater things. :P Click through the slideshow in the link to see everything we tried.

Below are two of our (the writer and mine) favorites. Technically I don't need to try these at all, as I'm not writing about them... yet we ate almost half the poached pear stack - and that was only the second of eight.


This last guy was the Japanese Pumpkin Pancake - I really must return for these. I now regret only taking a small bite of this stack...

13 comments :

  1. didn't we go there to have brunch one weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pancakes look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big pancake person, but I might make an exception for Japanese pumpkin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O <-- that's me right now. these pictures take my breath away and make me hungry! so in love with the second image down..wow.
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look awesome - I'm not surprised you ate some :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wondering if there is a pancake house here in london.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm truly convinced that there's nothing in this world that a stack of Clinton St. Baking Co's pancakes cannot fix. Oh sweet goodness what I would give for a stack of their Wild Maine Blueberry 'cakes right about now! Love the photos; thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited to have stumbled upon your blog. it's a really beautiful space.

    warm greetings!
    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mm they look great. i'm a new pancake convert and i definitely want to try the pear pancakes! x nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just pinned the pancakes on my Pinterest! So glad you started posting separate images, it makes my pinning much easier! Woop! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. aarrgh! just when I thought I had the will to give up my sweet carb addiction... That last photo just sabotaged my effort! I want to bite into that stack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is why you're one of my favourite inpiration to get my "food photography" better and better.
    Keep up with the wonderful blogging.
    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete