Jan 5, 2012

Inside Joseph Leonard

Some snaps of the beautiful space of Joseph Leonard in the West Village (while on a shoot for Serious Eats):


I envy the job of the prop/antique collector for this place! I must return on a good light day and bring my photo geek friends here. Total dream to shoot. The tables, of course, have a great distressed look, and there is a jar of pickles on every one. I didn't even venture to the other side of the restaurant where there was a lovely antique mirror display among other cool things. I hear this place gets pretty crazily busy, so I shall return on the off-hour!

13 comments :

  1. for sure. the brick walls, the distressed wood... perfect-o for pics. i wish i had a place like that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickles on every table!!!? Well, I'm sold! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Goodness. This place looks like a dream. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! And I love all the bottles and jars on the counter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are absolutely stunning! I don't what it is but there's something magical about your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Joseph Leonard's and Jeffrey's Grocery across the way :) The owners are super nice and put such love into both spaces. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A jar of freakin' pickles at each table? You don't even understand, this is like the ultimate dream for both me and my sister. (We're weird).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I would totally love it here. Hope to go to new york this year and hang out as your photo geek friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to visit this place the next time I make it to NY. For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a warm and cozy site!

    ReplyDelete