Jan 8, 2012

Sweetleaf coffee & tea | long island city

It's been way too long since I featured a new coffee shop on here! After seeing A Life Worth Eating's favorite espresso list of 2011, we knew a visit to Sweetleaf was in order. While it's not the stone's throw away that Abraco is, yesterday was the perfect day (at some 60 whopping degrees) to make a trip out to Long Island City.

The space is awesome in that rustic-chic kind of way, which obviously I love so much. J tried the espresso shot - Stumptown's single origin Ethiopian Mordecofe, while I got a cortado. Then we basked in the glorious afternoon light.


Next week, we're going to try to make it to #4 on that list - Kickshaw in Astoria.

13 comments :

  1. Ooh, so much rustic goodness. And that light spilling in on the chairs/floor is beautiful. I love it when a cafe truly feels like a lounge instead of you're-in-and-you're-out. Looks like it'd be easy enough to find a cozy chair here and just chill for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coffee posts so much...! The 'laptop room' sign is terribly cute, and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a wonderful space. i love hunter's point; such a sweet little neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I had to google cortado :) *coffee noob*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a neat space!
    Beautiful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could definitely see myself sipping espresso, reading a book and basking in that awesome light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the last shot...wish the coffee shops I go to were half this interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these photos are absolutely beautiful :) Looks like a wonderful place to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have lovely coffee shops here in London but what we lack is that amazing light! Photos here can never be as good as these, even on sunny days our sunlight is lame! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I walk by here every morning. Their iced voodoo child is my favorite in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos. And the Hermes Kelly Dog you're wearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Here is my weblog canada goose

    ReplyDelete