Jul 16, 2012

Crosby Coffee

Good morning! And hooray for a new cafe visit. I first heard of Crosby Coffee from Reed's awesome Instagram photo of it. I looked it up immediately and actually put it on my calendar for a Sunday visit. It was a bit of a schlep, especially as the F train was not behaving, but well worth it. It is quite a beautiful space, and I just love all the white with small pops of colors from miscellaneous tchotchkes and the many flowers around. Embarrassingly, I can't say anything about the coffee as I was sweltering and could only think of drinking an iced tea (which was great). J had a cortado but finished it before I could have a sip. Humph. They use Caffe Vita coffee, which I believe started roasting in Seattle. I would really love to have a space like this in the new neighborhood we're moving to.

On to the photos!

(This is a scheduled post as I'll be assisting on set today for a fashion lookbook shoot. Woot.)

16 comments :

  1. oh my gosh, i love the flowerboxes and the simple white furniture and the pretty chalkboard writing and gah, all of it.
    thank you for sharing:)

    ps. your photo-formatting blows me away. please share your secrets? i can't seem to get mine to line up right at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, those cookies look yum :)

    hope you're having an awesome time at the fashion shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those white walls are really something else! such a unique shot of the flower box with the people in the bottom corner...really creative. i know i don't always comment, but i do keep up with each post, and love them all! thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that front glass with the sketched elephants! Where would we be without coffee...honestly

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful place. Would love to visit such copy shops again n again. The white gives an immense peace of mind. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Some places immediately make you want to stay forever. I could stay forever, just by looking at the pictures!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Eat Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the flowers in the clear vases especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful.

    Can't wait to see your fashion lookbook photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the random neatness of those shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! I am moving to New York in August and the lists in my Moleskine of places to visit just keep growing... I can't wait to check out Crosby Coffee, it looks absolutely perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you capture these kind of spaces. Great work! I love the bouquet on the top of the shelf - it looks like a heart from the angle that you photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like fresh vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm adding this to my list of places to visit... It looks just gorgeous. I'll go when it's cooler and give the coffee a go...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this spot! I think you should make a Coffee in NYC book with all your recommendations and of course, beautiful photographs - I'd definitely buy it! :) Can't wait to see some results of this fashion look book!

    ReplyDelete