Jul 31, 2012

Jessica + Joseph

Earlier this month, I shot another wedding for Daniel Krieger under his brand as an associate photographer. It was held at Empellon Taqueria in the West Village - I must say I am loving these intimate restaurant weddings. I started in the Upper West Side where the lovely bride got ready. Jessica made her own bouquet out of heirloom and vintage jewelry pieces - how unique!



They had a quick sorta unplanned first look at Central Park. Then we headed down to the restaurant - I couldn't help but share a few of the silly group photos.



Then I whisked them away for a photo walk in the West Village, which is definitely one of my favorite neighborhoods to shoot in. Every street and turn, I see a great backdrop for a photo. It was a sticky humid day and Jessica and Joseph were the best sports ever. It was all laughs with them. Even my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing so much after this session.



We went back to the restaurant where the ceremony was held. They're still laughing!



They Skyped in a good friend who couldn't make it. Isn't technology great?

23 comments :

  1. Your photography is beautiful! And the wedding looks like so much fun. The joy in their smiles just makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what kimberly said. these are superb. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but smile while looking through this series... wonderfully captured emotions, bet the bride and groomed absolutely love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a smiley couple haha. They really had fun with this and I'm sure this had something to do with the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are absolutely adorable and your photos are utterly gorgeous. I bet shooting with Daniel is a lot of fun -- I'm jealous!

    Also, did you by chance get to hold the bouquet for a second? I've had two brides in the last year that made their own jewelry bouquets and DANG! Those things are heavy! I don't know how they manage to lug around those bouquets for an entire day. My arm would go numb after 20 minutes, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this manages to make the weddingphobe in me kind of excited about little intimate weddings. i've never seen a bouquet quite like her's. i like the uniqueness.

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Alice, loved all the pictures. My most favourite is the bride and groom crossing road :)
    They make a lovely couple :) the venue seems quite different and unique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great work alice, you always rock with your point of view, your editing! it's quite amazing the work that you do! i just hope you keep excelling at you love and feel good about it! you have an exquisite sensitivity for capturing these moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are gorgeous Alice, love the pair of b&w portraits

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. What an absolutely intimate and lovely wedding. So different. The couple looks so happy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured those genuine moments so beautifully! I adore intimate weddings like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shots are beautiful! They have that film feeling, very smooth and dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. im so glad i stumbled upon your blog! i love it, and your images are beautiful. i've just about read your entire blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots.....and a lovely couple


    From the proud parents of the groom

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how these photos came out :) Her bouquet is put together in such a unique and meaningful way! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look so genuine happy that I can't help but smile when I saw these photos.

    ReplyDelete