Oct 11, 2013

Charleston

To call this post long overdue would be an understatement. I was in Charleston in January of this year, and I'm just getting around to posting some photos from that trip (mostly because I had submitted photos to Wayfare and was waiting until after the issue came out). We originally were supposed to go in November, but it was the week after Sandy hit, so we postponed the trip to January. J and I are the worst trip planners alive, but we were in good shape on this trip because I recruited my friends Stefie and Marcus. Stefie's one of those people with superior trip planning skillz – I'm talking meticulously organized Excel document broken out into categories for what to do.

So in the short long weekend that we were there, we ate, and we ate, and we ate. Did I mention we ate? The original intention of the trip was to hit up Husk and McCrady's, and while both of those were excellent meals, we had a ton of great small eats in between. I only included photos from a smattering of the places we visited below. There's a wee bit more description in the Wayfare issue, but if you want an in-depth run-down, see Stefie's blog and search Charleston.

Butcher & Bee





Black Tap Coffee




Martha Lou's Kitchen



Needless to say, I could not fit into my skinny jeans for a good week after this trip.

13 comments :

  1. These are great snaps Alice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, I fell in love with Charleston while going to college down there, simply a beautiful city with wonderful beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos! I'm planning a Charleston hopefully next spring since I've heard so many wonderful things about the city. I love cities with good food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics, make me wanna be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprised to see my city on here! What a beautiful collection

    ReplyDelete
  6. i seriously need to make a trip there soon. Thanks for the gorgeous images as always Alice! xx Alecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend reminds me of ........ me :P I was pretty anal about having an itinerary of the entire day. It was pretty scary but these days, I had to cull it down a lot. I've heard and read so much about Charleston. I'd love to go back to the US someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Pictures.. Photography is awesome.. i love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh god I'm so in love with your photos. Did you use the 24-70mm Canon lense ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to thank you for this post, a few months after the fact. My parents and I just went down to South Carolina over the holidays, with a few days in Charleston, and I used this post as a major source of inspiration. Thanks to you/this post, we managed to try Black Tap, Butcher & Bee, Wildflour Pastry, and a few others (McCradys and FIG, oh my!), all of which were pretty amazing. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to have found your blog via the West Elm catalog! I love your photos. Just got back from a trip to Charleston myself. Photos here: http://studio934.blogspot.com/search/label/South%20Carolina

    ReplyDelete