Aug 17, 2014

Ode to white shirts

I've been on a huge white shirt kick recently, and now they're all I want or care to wear. For the longest time, I thought they were stuffy and connoted going on an interview at some financial institution. Now I look for an oversized fit, leave the top few buttons undone (who cares if a little peek of a pretty bra shows?), roll up the sleeves, and suddenly feel casual but put together and sophisticated at the same time. Here are two in particular that I've been wearing the hell out of in the past week.




This Theory shirt is just so easy. It's crisp, but not stiff, and there's a nice thickness to it that will make it appropriate for fall and so on. I'm always a fan of a little pocket detail as well.




A little less friendly on the wallet, this Acne version makes up for it by just feeling so nice to the touch. It's much thinner than the Theory, and way more oversized. It really does feel like you put on your boyfriend's shirt.

And for some more bang for your buck, Everlane's white cotton lawn and long-sleeve poplin would be my top picks for sure. I think if I had a whole closet with only white button ups, I wouldn't be angry at that...



17 comments :

  1. both gorgeous & I love the Everlane ones too. I am on the hunt for some soft, slightly loose-fitting shirts - they are the best to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful shirts - love how you've hung them on the ladder! They look gorgeous on you, and I love your haircut!

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. that corner of your apartment shoots beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realised I don't have enough white shirts myself. The ones you picked look amazing and really beautiful. Should buy one of those. Thanks!

    http://taleofthegreat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love white shirts too Alice. For me the key is they have to be soft, not stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really do have a fantastic collection. I cannot admire it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    I'm a fan of your blog and want to say I love the objective form to write your texts.
    Your posts have been of great importance to me and I always come back here for new information.
    Congratulations for the work and wish you luck and success. Thanks for sharing all this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White shirts are such a great, throw-on staple. I think it's really important to find a few that feel perfect - in fit, texture etc. Thanks for sharing a few of yours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alice. Could you share what size you're wearing in the Theory shirt? I really like the fit in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm wearing the XS, though I thought the S fit fine too.

      Delete
  11. Whether somebody pursuit of his vital thing, hence he or she desires to be accessible that at length, hence that thing is maintained over here. www.Donkeytees.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alice,

    I adore your instagram and blog :) May i ask what size is your acne studios white shirt? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog .I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information. Hope to see the next blog soon.
    Made to Measure Dress Shirts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read..
    white shirts online

    ReplyDelete